Whether you involve 1 or 1000 volunteers, your organisation needs to ensure it manages volunteers effectively – and by that, we mean everything from how an individual volunteer fits in and works alongside paid staff (if you have them) to creating and maintaining extended volunteer programmes. Central to any successful volunteering programme, big or small, is effective volunteer management.
Below you can find details of the four module National Volunteer Management Training Course
This four module (which can also be run as 4 modules over 2 full days or 4 modules over 4 evenings / mornings) is delivered in a hands-on, participative style and is designed to provide you with a best practice volunteer management framework for involving volunteers in your organisation.
Module 1: Planning for Volunteer Involvement
- Preparing for volunteer involvement
- Volunteer motivations
- Identifying and developing volunteer role descriptions
Module 2: Volunteer Recruitment and Selection
- Effective advertising
- Screening techniques
- Interviews and volunteer selection
Module 3: Day-to-Day Management of Volunteers
- Induction and volunteer agreements
- Support and supervision
- Resolving difficult situations
- Exit interviews
Module 4: Designing a Policy for Volunteer Involvement
- Defining policy
- Designing a volunteer policy document
TRAINING FOR VOLUNTEER INVOLVING ORGANISATIONS
- Volunteer Ireland provide a range of training for volunteer involving organisations. We have an annual training calendar with half and full day sessions on a host of volunteer management topics such as recruiting volunteers, writing a volunteer policy and managing difficult volunteers. We also provide in depth masterclasses on a selection of volunteer management topics.
- If you are interested in bespoke training or consultancy please contact Stuart Garland at email@example.com.